- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 cakes
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 oz crab meat, flaked OR imitation crab meat, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Durkee® Onion, Minced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Durkee® Chesapeake Bay Spice
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- Melt butter in small saucepan or skillet; sauté red bell peppers until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Combine sautéed peppers with crab meat, egg, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and bread crumbs in large mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly. Form into 2-inch diameter patties.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet on medium low heat. Sauté crab cakes until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with Zesty Tartar Sauce.
Crab cakes can be served on toasted buns for a sandwich.