Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 32 slices
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp teaspoons BAKING POWDER, 32OZ
- 1 1/2 tbsp Durkee® Poppy Seed
- 1 1/2 cup milk (do not use skim milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Durkee® Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp Durkee® Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans (or four 7½ x 3¾-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds in large mixing bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and oil.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients. Blend at medium-high speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until loaves are light brown in color and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Heat sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, almond extract and butter to boiling in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour glaze over hot loaves of bread, in pans. Cool completely in pan. Remove from pans; cover loaves and let sit overnight before serving.