Avocado Salmon Six Pepper Blt With Basil Mayo
- Yield: 4 servings
Avocado Salmon BLT
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, 3 to 4 ounces, pin bones and skin removed
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands® Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Durkee® Black Pepper, Regular Grind
- 8 slice sourdough toast
- 4 lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- 8 slice Six Pepper Bacon, cooked and drained
- 8 slice fresh avocado
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp Spice Islands® Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Durkee® Black Pepper, Regular Grind
Six Pepper Bacon
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Durkee® Six Pepper Blend
- 1/4 tsp Durkee® Cayenne Pepper
- 8 slice thick-cut bacon
TO MAKE BASIL MAYO:
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to food processor. Pulse until fully mixed. Put basil mayo in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
TO MAKE SIX PEPPER BACON:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine brown sugar, six pepper blend and cayenne in a shallow bowl. Dredge each strip of bacon until it is fully covered. Place bacon on a parchment paper lined sheet tray (can also place on wire rack). Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is brown. Let bacon cool a few minutes, then remove to plate.
TO MAKE SALMON:
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Sear the fillets in the hot pan until golden and cooked medium, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Allow salmon to rest while preparing the toppings.
ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES:
- Slather the sourdough toast with a generous amount of the basil mayo. Place the lettuce on the sourdough toast and top with salmon, followed by 2 bacon slices, 2 avocado slices and 2 tomato slices. Top the sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.