- Yield: 1 1/2 Quarts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 slice Italian bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 12-16 clove garlic
- 2 tsp Durkee® Paprika, Smoked
- 1 tsp Durkee® Cayenne Pepper
- 32 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz sherry wine OR red wine vinegar
- 4 cup roasted red pepper strips (or 4 medium fresh peppers to roast your own)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread. Fry for 2 minutes; turn bread slice. Stir in almonds and garlic; fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour hot oil, almonds, garlic and bread into a food processor. Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, cherry tomatoes, vinegar and roasted red pepper. Pulse until peppers are coarsely chopped, not pureed. Let Romesco Sauce sit for 5 minutes to develop flavors. Salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature over fish, chicken or pasta. Also delicious as an appetizer with crostini or fresh vegetables. Refrigerate any leftovers.