Taco Crunch Mix
- Yield: 1 Gallon
- 4 cup corn or rice cereal squares
- 3 cup pretzels
- 3 cup corn tortilla chips, bite-size
- 3 cup cheesy fish crackers
- 3 cup square wheat snack crackers
- 1 cup peanuts, salted
- 4 ounces butter or margarine
- 2 fluid ounces corn syrup, light OR dark
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Durkee® Taco Seasoning Mix
Preheat oven to 250°F. Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Combine cereal, pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers and peanuts in the roasting pan.
Combine cereal, pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers and peanuts in the roasting pan. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add corn syrup, brown sugar and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil over medium-heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal mixture; tossing to coat well. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring frequently. Store in tightly covered container.