Grilled Pita Points with Peppers, Hummus & Feta
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 bell peppers, quartered, piths removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Durkee® Citrus Grill Seasoning
- 4 pita breads
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/4 tsp Durkee® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Combine peppers, olive oil, white wine and seasoning in a shallow pan. Let sit 30 minutes to develop flavors.
- Brush pita breads with olive oil. Grill pitas for 5 to 7 minutes; turning once halfway through cooking. Remove from grill, cool and cut each pita into 6 to 8 triangles. Set aside.
- Combine hummus and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; mix thoroughly. Set aside.
Remove peppers from marinade; discard marinade. Grill peppers 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are blistered and softened. Turn once, halfway through grilling.
- Remove peppers from the grill; cool and chop finely. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon hummus on each of the pita points. Divide chopped peppers evenly among pita points; sprinkle with feta cheese.