Blackened Chicken And Sweet Potato Chowder
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Durkee® Blackened Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 1/4-inch diced onion
- 1 cup 1/4-inch diced celery
- 6 cup 1/4-inch diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Durkee® Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp Durkee® Chili Powder, Light
- 1/2 tsp Durkee® Garlic, Powder
- 1/8 tsp Durkee® Cayenne Pepper
- 2 lb canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cup frozen corn
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Rub chicken with blackened seasoning. Grill over direct medium heat until cooked through and temperature is at least 160°F. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot. Add onion and celery and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, chicken broth and spices; simmer for about 10 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
- Add chicken, black beans, corn and cream. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve 1 1/2 cup portions. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.