Pork Carnitas With Cilantro Tomatillo Salsa
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Durkee® Garlic, Powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp Durkee® Chili Powder, Dark
- 3/4 tsp Durkee® Chipotle Chile, Ground
- 6 tomatillos, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 12 each corn tortillas
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add pork, onions, garlic powder, chili powder and chipotle chile. Cook 3 to 5 minutes to brown the meat.
- Add enough water to barely cover pork. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Combine tomatillos, tomatoes and cilantro in a small bowl.
Place an equal amount of pork on each tortilla. Top with Cilantro Tomatillo Salsa.